Property damage in Italy
Criminal damage in the Italian Penal Code
Pursuant to Article 635 of the Italian Penal Code, the person who destroys, damages or makes useless movable or immovable property of another person, shall be punished, on compliant by the injured party, with imprisonment up to one year or a fine of up to € 309.
The penalty shall be imprisonment from six months to three years and doesn't need any compliant by the injured party, if the offense is committed:
1) with personal violence or threat;
2) by employers or by workers during a strike;
3) on public, religious, historical or artistic buildings and things;
4) on works for irrigation;
5) on vine plants, trees, woods and forests;
6) on sports facilities in order to impede or interrupt sporting events.
Please see also:
For more information, please contact Lawyers in Rome
Published on 20 February 2013
The use of this content is permitted only by indicating source (link) and author