Residence permit for family reunification in Italy

How to maintain family unity in Italy

Residence permit for family reunification in Italy









Non-EU nationals may maintain the unity of their family or apply for family reunification provided that they hold an EC residence permit for long-term residents or a residence permit for work, asylum, study, religion or family purposes.

To apply for family reunification, the foreigner must fill out some forms and submit them to the Immigration Desk of the province where he resides.

It is possible to apply for reunification with the following family members:

 - spouse not legally separated and not being under 18 years of age;

- unmarried children (under 18 years of age) born within or out of wedlock, upon consent of the other parent, if any;

- adult children (over 18 years of age) if they are not self-sufficient or cannot provide for their own needs because of their health conditions implying total disability;

- parents not self-sufficient, who have not any other children in their country of origin or residence, or parents over 65 years of age whose other children are unable to support them financially because of serious health problems duly certified.

Please see also:

English speaking lawyers in Italy

International Criminal Lawyers in Italy

Italian lawyers for U.S. citizens in Italy

For more information, please contact Lawyers in Rome