Italian jurisdiction for international succession
Principles of private international law in Italy
Pursuant to Law n. 218 of 1995 (Reform of the Italian system of private international law), in matters regarding succession, Italian jurisdiction applies when:
- the deceased was an Italian citizen at the time of death;
- the succession is opened in Italy;
- the assets of greater economic value that are part of the succession are located in Italy;
- the defendant has his/her habitual residence in Italy or lives in Italy or has accepted Italian jurisdiction, unless the request concerns immovable property located abroad;
- the request concerns assets located in Italy.
Italian jurisdiction does not apply for immovable property abroad.
To know more about last will and testment, please see also:
For more information, please contact Lawyers in Rome
Published on 19 November 2013
The use of this content is permitted only by indicating source (link) and author